Creating a Portfolio
Drop Box Account
- Pixlr: http://pixlr.com/
- Photoshop: http://www.photoshop.com/
- Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/
- Fotor: http://www.fotor.com/
- Inkscape: http://inkscape.org/
-Logo eps http://www.logoeps.com/
-Word Press: http://wordpress.com/
- Blender: http://www.blender.org/
Print sizes: http://www.printernational.org/
Printing copy: http://www.vistaprint.com/
-Game Salad: http://gamesalad.com
Game Challenge http://stemchallenge.org/
Clip Converter http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Skills USA Utah http://wfc.skillsusa-utah.org/
Skill USA Nationals
Video Copilot http://www.videocopilot.net/
Yearbook online http://skalooza.com/
Paper Grading: http://www.turnitin.com/
HHS Plaque Design
Stacie Gomm Website
Assignment: App Development
House App ChallengeThis year marks the first annual Congressional Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Academic Competition, the “House App Contest.” This new competition is designed to engage student’s creativity and encourage their participation in STEM education fields. Established by Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2013, this competition is a nationwide event that allows high school students from across the country to compete by creating and exhibiting their software application, or “app,” for mobile, tablet, or computer devices on a platform of their choice. Throughout the completion period, participating students will be provided opportunities to engage with various STEM educational partners located within the community to mentor and assist them with their app development.
The “House App Challenge” is open to all high school students in participating districts. Students entering the competition must submit their app’s source code online during the Competition Submission Period between 12 PM Eastern Standard Time on FEBRUARY 1ST, 2014, and 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on APRIL 30TH, 2014, as well as provide a YouTube or VIMEO video demo explaining their app and what they learned through this competition process.
Can I Participate?
- Members of Congress must opt-in for their district to participate in this competition. If a Member does not opt-in, constituents in their district will be ineligible to participate. Find out if I am eligible.
- The Competition is open only to high school students who reside in a participating district or who are eligible to attend public high school in that district. Individuals submitting on behalf of teams must meet the eligibility requirements for individual Contestants
To RegisterTo enter, the student must register for the House Student App Challenge under their participating Member of Congress’ profile and register on www.challengepost.com during the Competition Submission Period. All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution.
Resources for Students and Teachers
- 36 Resources To Help You Teach Kids Programming
- CodeAcademy.COM self-taught courses in HTML/CSS, Python, Ruby, and PHP
- MIT App Inventor tutorial to develop mobile apps on Android phones.
- Scratch a simple visual programming language
- Alice is used to create 3D animations
- Development Kits: